The Conference will take place in Alghero, Sardinia, Italy from June 22 to June 27, 2020. The main theme of the conference is “GLOBAL TOURISM: CONNECTING INSULARITIES IN ASIA AND EUROPE”. Organized by the University of Sassari, the EATSA 2020 Conference offers a worldwide forum for attendees from academia, industry, government, and other organisations to actively exchange, share, and challenge the state-of-the-art research and case studies on travel, tourism, hospitality and recreation. The Annual Conference of EATSA is the premier conference focused on understanding the current state of research in Asia and Europe, with special focus on comparative international studies.
The EATSA aims to:
- Promote research and education in the field of tourism, hospitality and recreation in Asia and Europe, with special focus on the comparative international studies.
- Promote the dialogue among scholars of all scientific disciplines engaged in the tourism studies, in order to move from the current multi-disciplinary approach to a more integrated and trans-disciplinary approach.
- Foster closer connections between tourism academia and tourism industry
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, and ideas by organising conferences, meetings and developing research networks among members and institutions.
- Promote a more intensive cooperation between European and Asian scholars in the fields of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation.
- Disseminate research results through various channels.