The EATSA aims to:
- Promote research and education in the field of tourism, hospitality and recreation in Asia and Europe, with special focus on the comparative international studies.
- Promote the dialogue among scholars of all scientific disciplines engaged in the tourism studies, in order to move from the current multi-disciplinary approach to a more integrated and trans-disciplinary approach.
- Foster more close connections between tourism academia and tourism industry
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, and ideas by organising conferences, meetings and developing research networks among members and institutions.
- Promote a more intensive cooperation between European and Asian scholars in the fields of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation.
- Disseminate research results through various channels.